Updated May 25, 2018
Click here to see Terms & Conditions
Click here to see Frequently Asked Questions
This Privacy Notice exists to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you on our website.
Global Restaurant Solutions, Inc., d/b/a Restaurant Equipment Solutions does not provide or sell your information to sources outside of our organization, except as authorized by you, required by law, or as detailed in the "third party providers" section below.
We will email you invoices, receipts or notifications regarding the status of your order(s) placed on our website. Additionally, with your implicit or explicit consent (see "Consent" below) and in accordance with federal and international regulations, we may - for the sole purpose of marketing - transmit to your email address communications about but not limited to: sales, promotions, products, and/or changes to our website or company. If you would like to be removed from marketing email communications, simply use the "unsubscribe" feature located in the footer of all of our marketing emails, or email [email protected] and provide us with the email address you'd like unsubscribed.
Implicit consent includes but is not limited to the following:
- Providing us with your email address for the purpose of creating an account on our website, unless you specifically opt-out of receiving marketing communications at or after that time;
- Entering into a business relationship with our company, i.e. making a purchase. You will always have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications every time you place an online order with us.
Explicit consent is any time you provide us with your email address for the agreed purpose of receiving marketing communications (such as specifically "signing up for emails"), or you otherwise specifically take an action to opt-in to receive marketing communications to an email address you have provided.
Electronic Transaction Data
Online transactions are made safe through a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encrypted connection to your browser with a Comodo/IdAuthority certificate to protect your confidential information.
Third Party Providers
Restaurant Equipment Solutions utilizes the services of third-party providers for the purpose of targeted advertising and marketing. When you visit our site, these third parties may place cookies on your browser for the purpose of targeted advertising. For example, if you visit our site and shop for salad bowls, our third parties' platforms may later serve you with targeted ads for our salad bowls as you browse the internet or through other channels, such as emails sent to you. We may also provide these third-parties with hashed versions of email addresses we collect from our customers for the purpose of direct marketing. Note: As of May 25, 2018, we understand all of our third-party providers to be GDPR compliant.
What Data We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below:
- Website activity: data about your browsing activity and behavior on our website.
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website, including but not limited to device type, browser name and version, operating system name and version, and current city or town.
- Contact information: if you specifically provide us with your name, email address, and/or phone number.
- Account information: if you create an account, we will collect your username, password, email address and any other information needed to open and access your account for legitimate business purposes.
- Customer service information: any information you may voluntarily provide to customer service including survey responses
- Financial information: credit card information or other payment account information. This information is securely furnished directly to our payments processor(s) and not stored on our servers.
- Third party information: we may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so.
We use this data to:
- Provide you with the highest level of customer service possible
- Display products on our site that are most relevant to you
- Collect payments and shipping details for orders you place with us
- Prevent potential fraud and enforce our Terms of Service
- Customize, measure, and improve our website, service, policies, and business practices
- Deliver targeted marketing to you
- Contact you by email or phone - as appropriate - about your account, your order, or our products, including to market those products to you
We may disclose information about you:
- With our third-party service providers: companies we contract with who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us, and only in strict compliance with US and international law.
- With our parent company, its subsidiaries, or any other companies that are otherwise legally related.
- In connection with legal proceedings: when we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Global Restaurant Solutions, Inc., its parent company or related companies, our vendors, or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: if a third party aquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
- Some of our third-party providers may use data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (data collected by our cookies or tracking pixels) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may at any time and at our sole discretion disclose aggregated, anonymized information about our customers to any third parties.
Cookies and Related Technologies
Your choices and opting-out
We recognize and respect how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted marketing and advertising you receive, and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of those ads. Please note that if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will likely need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices, you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we or our third-party providers may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us, our third-party providers or other advertising networks. Our third-party advertising providers are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adhere to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from accounts of other NAI-approved members.
- Our third-party providers also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that our third-party providers may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we or our third-party providers may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companiesí opt-outs may function differently than those of our third-party providers.
- You can request that we stop email marketing to you via the methods detailed above under "Digital Communication"
Please note that some internet browsers allow users to send a "Do Not Track" signal to websites they visit. We cannot guarantee that our website will voluntarily respond to this signal.
Identifiable information about you is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
Contact Us with Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or with our company generally, you can contact [email protected] or call 877-236-5780.
You may also write to us at the following address:
Global Restaurant Solutions, Inc.
2428 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35233