Wait… did we just describe carrots as ‘cozy’? That seems weird, doesn’t it?
But what about curry powder and cumin? And sloooow roasted veggies? And honey?
Those all sound pretty cozy, right?
Add those spices to some organic carrots and roast away! Then top with a drizzle of honey and some flaky sea salt, and you’ve got yourself some cozy carrots.
If you’re in need of a cozy veggie recipe for this cool winter month (hello, December!!), keep reading!
Note: Don’t let the curry powder scare you! If you are someone who does not like “curry,” these are still worth a try. The flavor is spicy and cinnamon-y and so perfect for the holidays. If you insist on skipping the curry powder, these carrots are still good if you only use cumin.
Get ready for an easy roasted carrot recipe…
This really is the easiest recipe!
Here’s what you need:
- curry powder
- whole carrots
- honey (preferably raw, unfiltered)
- flaky sea salt
- oil for roasting, such as olive or avocado
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Slice the carrots in half lengthwise.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Drizzle with a generous amount of oil, then use your hands to toss the carrots and make sure they are evenly coated (do this so the spices will stick!)
- Sprinkle the carrots with a 2:1 ratio of curry powder to cumin. I would suggest around 2 tablespoons of curry powder and 1 tablespoon of cumin. (You can increase or decrease the measurements based on how many carrots you have.)
- Put carrots in the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes.
- Around the 15 minute mark, I like to use tongs to stir the carrots around and make sure they are getting cooked evenly.
- Once the carrots are soft and roasted, remove them from the oven.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the honey over the carrots, then sprinkle with flaky or coarse sea salt.
That’s it! We hope you enjoy this recipe and that it makes you feel all warm and cozy!