There are four main factors to consider when purchasing a pizza oven for your commercial pizza kitchen: space or area for an oven, what you pizza output is (volume), what kinds of pizza you bake and price. Let’s take a look at three types of commercial pizza ovens and determine which is right for your commercial pizza kitchen.
Perfect for space savers, these ovens have a lower production capacity than other types of pizza ovens. What you gain in space, you give up in output. These small sized ovens are ideal for concession stands, convenience stores, food trucks or any business that relies on quickly preparing hot food in a limited space.
- Commercial countertop pizza ovens typically have two to five racks per chamber, each of which can fit one or two 16-inch pizzas.
- Cooking times average between five and six minutes per pizza.
- Most countertop pizza ovens need only 15 to 60 cubic feet.
- Special models have elevated heights and narrow widths to fit even the most restricted space.
- Best suited for pizzas with limited toppings and thin or medium crusts. Not suited for deep dish crusts.
- Good for budgets — ranging between $1,000 and $10,000.
This particular type is ideal for high-volume pizzerias in search of a steady oven not requiring constant attention. Conveyor pizza ovens use a conveyor belt to cook food as it moves through the oven.
- Single units or 3+ stacked conveyors for those with higher production needs.
- Single conveyor pizza oven can be 150 cubic feet.
- Triple stack oven can be more than 330 cubic feet.
- Approximately 80 pizzas per belt, per hour
- Best for pizzas with light to medium toppings and thin to medium crusts.
- Run from $5,000 to $30,000.
The deck oven is the mid-size among commercial pizza ovens. It has a higher output than countertop pizza ovens, but a lower volume than a conveyor oven. Pizzas are simply placed inside and removed when ready.
- Holds between four and six pizzas
- Must be monitored to ensure proper cook time.
- Internal space is limited and can lose heat every time the oven door is opened.
- One to six decks, stacked.
- Ideal for a pizzeria with limited space.
- Good for any type of pizza, whether light or heavy toppings, or thin or deep dish thick crust types.
- Range from $5,000 to $30,000.
Top Commercial Pizza Oven Brands
- Bakers Pride
- APW Wyott
There are numerous factors involved when purchasing a commercial pizza oven, and when comparing these three types, keep in mind that they come in various sizes and with different features, so be sure to figure out exactly what your restaurant needs.