Combi Oven Buying Guide
This Combi Oven Buying Guide was made to help restaurant business owners better understand their uses and benefits. The combi oven was created in an effort to increase the functionality and versatility of a standard oven, while also being spatially aware. The combi oven does all of this by combining the properties of a convection oven and steamer into one piece of equipment. Although they are more expensive than the average oven, Combi ovens can cook via steam, convection air and a combination of the two, essentially providing three ovens in the footprint of one. And, because the desired temperature is reached so much quicker in a combi oven, you can cook food quickly and to an exact temperature.
- Extremely versatile (steamer, convection oven, and a combination of the two)
- Saves floor space
- Can effectively cook a wide range of foods
- Can also be utilized as a slow cooker at low temperatures
- Evenly cooked products
- Expensive to purchase and operate
- Steam Mode – The steam mode is great for all sorts of vegetables as well as seafood which require a less harsh cooking method than convection or broiling.
- Convection Mode – The convection mode does a fabulous job of baking. The fan allows for an even circulation of heat and, in turn, an equally thorough baked product on all sides. In addition to this, the convection mode ensures that most of the moisture is removed quickly and efficiently from the product allowing for a flakier and crispier baked good.
- Combination Mode – The combination mode is ideal for cooking meats and poultries as the convection heat perfectly and evenly, cooks the meat while the steam heat ensures your product will be succulent and juicy as opposed to dry and tough.
We offer Combi ovens in both electric and gas models.
Things to Consider:
- Price: Electric models are typically less expensive than gas fueled Combi ovens.
- Efficiency: Gas models offer a faster rate at which it can reach a desired temperature because the energy transfer is direct and therefore increases the temperature instantly.
- Cost of Utility: When choosing the right utility for your new Combi oven you should also consider the prices of utility for each around your location
- Availability: the level of availability for both gas and electric
Stay tuned for a great recipe using the Combi oven!